Sunday, September 26, 2010

One Woman's Trash......

On Saturday, while Will and I were on our way to a yard sale in Morro Bay, I spotted this mirror in a pile of garbage on the curb! There was a man with a weed wacker working in the yard so I yelled at him to get his attention and asked if they were really throwing this away. He said that the house was being cleaned out and I was more than welcome to take it. I was really excited because Ive actually been needing a full length mirror for a long time. The amazing thing about this mirror is that the glass is in perfect condition, not a single nick or crack. All it needed was a little sprucing up. I painted it this morning (coincidentally the color is called 'Morro Bay') and glued some heavy, silver wrapping paper in the inset panels for some extra pop.




An Ebay update: last week we hit the jackpot when we scored 3 camera lens at a yard sale for $20 dollars. Today my auction went off and I sold two of the lenses for a combined $139! I also got $20 for a messenger bag that I bought for $5. Yard sales were slow this weekend and I mainly bought things for myself but I still have some cool things to put on ebay from last week including several sets of vintage souvenir coasters.


A beautiful Sunday in Los Osos

5 comments:

  1. New look to the old blog...I like it! The mirror is really neat, I love the paper inserts. Where did that "cleaver gene" come from?..... me I guess!
    E Z $$$$ w/the eBay. The last minutes of the auction must have been exciting. Let me know when you list the coasters, I want to see them.
    The fields of flowers are absolutely beautiful. Can you smell them when you drive by? I love your blog, can't wait for the next installation with more restoration ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I'm going to have to come up one of these weekends for a junkin'/paint party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom - thanks for the "clever gene" :)

    Thanks Miriam! Im slowly learning how to do this blog thing!

    Cassie - you are invited any time! Scout would love to see her aunt Cassie:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome ... can't wait to teach youhow to macrame`. MOM

    ReplyDelete