Friday, September 17, 2010

The Plan

Tomorrow I will be up at the crack of dawn in hopes of scoring a deal! I have some financial goals that I would like to meet before the end of the year and to help boost my monthly income Im going to re-launch my ebay career :). A couple of years ago I had some success selling on ebay (thats a post for another day) and I even made some money selling items for other people. Recently I have been encouraged by other bloggers who have been extremely successful in reselling items purchased at yard sales/thrift stores/estate sales etc. on ebay. The Ebay Life is a great blog with alot of awesome tips about selling on ebay. It has also opened my eyes to selling possibilities that I never realized. Who knew coffee cups were in demand!? Another one of my favorites is Apron Thrift Girl who sells her thrifted, vintage items on etsy as well as ebay.

A teapot I sold on ebay for someone. They bought it for $35 at a yard sale, I sold it for $500.

It's no secret that Im a craigslist addict and a flea market regular but Im hoping that I have better luck shopping yard sales. Craigslist can inconvenient unless the item is close by and a lot of flea market vendors are resellers themselves and charge high prices. Im a sporadic yard saler (sailor?) but Im eager to give it another try now that Im more informed and inspired. I think the greatest challenge for me is spending money on things I don't personally need and aren't necessarily my taste or size. However, no one has ever had to twist my arm to go shopping so I'll give it a shot!

2 comments:

  1. Details were nice on the teapot. It looks HUGE.
    Both blog spots are very cool. Thanks for sharing them.
    Recycling and giving new life to used items is an admirable and profitable pursuit . Don't forget about the Chet Atkins guitar case; but, that's another blog. Keep up with the news and tips. More photos of the craft items!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it, Libby! Just set a goal for each week. I'm going to go look for one of those teapots now...

    ReplyDelete