Saturday, September 4, 2010

My Rule....


... never pay more than $20 for a piece of furniture! Unless it's something incredibly spectacular of course. I found this table at the flea market last Sunday (yes, the flea market is my second home). It was only $5.00!
I love the caning and the 'mid-century' design. When I got it home I discovered that it is a really high quality piece from Lane furniture. The serial number on the bottom tells me it was made in 1961. The caning on the bottom was in perfect condition and all it took to restore the top was some light sanding, a few coats of Tung oil and paste wax.


I am so happy how this turned out. It is a perfect piece to go in front of our love seat. I'm going to be on the look out for some vintage coasters to complete the look :)
Working on my new table got me inspired to finally finish my side table. The whole project was a good introduction to refinishing and I like how it turned out. It's hard to tell from the picture but it has an ebony stain that lets the wood's grain show through nicely. Now I just need to figure out where to put it!

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh! So much better than Pottery Barn! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That coffee table is AWESOME! LOVE, LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I'd love to see more of your home.

    Gloria

    ReplyDelete