Saturday, February 26, 2011

Saturday Estate Sale Finds

This weekend was supposed to be stormy with a possibility of snow falling as low as 500ft. Despite the predictions, today was nothing but clear skies with plenty of sun. Unfortunately, no one planned any yard sales. We did find one estate sale held in a big warehouse. There was tons of cool stuff to dig through and of course I found a few treasures.


I have no idea what this is. It's heavy and corroded and probably copper. I like it because it looks like it's been sitting on the bottom of the ocean for a long time. Possibly part of the Titanic..... or a pirate ship. Either way it looks cool on my mantle with rest of my little seaside display.


The vase I bought is also copper and corroded (it was kinda the theme of the sale). It says 'Made in United Arab Republic' on the bottom which according to Wikipedia dates it between 1958 and 1961 when Egypt and Syria formed a short union. I think it will look great with a succulent in it (as I do most things).


My favorite purchase.... the moustache shaving mug!! It shows five inspirational facial hair styles to consider while you shave. I think its hilarious and is perfect to hold Q-tips and hair clips on the bathroom counter. Whose bathroom couldn't use a little humor?

I paid a grand total of $3 for all three things, which was great since I showed up to an estate sale with only the change at the bottom of my purse. Wow.

Linking up to Apron Thrift Girl!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I think the mystery piece is part of an outdoor light fixture. Any threaded looking parts?
    The shaving mug is great... You need a straight razor, strop, and a brush to go with it.
    Treasures all :)

    ReplyDelete