Monday, October 11, 2010

Quickies

Just a quick post of some recent mini-projects. All three are yard sale/ flea market finds that I got for under $3. They were all originally bare wood that got a quick coat of paint for instant gratification.





It was really, really hard to paint this plain white! I wanted my jewelry to be the main focus but I may add some color to the sides later.

In other news.....Ebay did not treat me so well this week. The eggnog set didn't sell! Thats ok though because I am slowly working on setting up my Etsy store! I've read some great articles on what it takes to be successful on Etsy and Im excited to try a mix of handmade and vintage items. Hopefully it will be up in the next couple of weeks!

4 comments:

  1. I love it!!! Hopefully you will have some photos tomorrow. I seem to have bought the same colors as you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Three dollars turned into treasures. Some of that jewelry looks very familiar!
    I have some Fine Woodworking magazine articles about paint techniques that you are going to love. When do you start on those cool chairs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! You ar emuch better at me at actually DOING these makeovers. I PLAN them and put them in the garage...for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just lovely! What's your ebay name so I can shop???

    ReplyDelete