Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Craigslist Nightstand

I got this nightstand for free on craigslist in Morro Bay! All it cost me was some sample size paint from Ace Hardware (Turquoise Bay and Warm Scones). I sanded it and did two coats of each color. The handle was originally painted a brass color and was covered in grime but some steel wool cleaned it up really nice! I am really happy with the way it turned out and now have the urge to paint all my furniture turquoise.....

Before
After

Before
After

1 comment:

  1. Hey Libbie,
    Your night stand looks great. You have a good eye for color. Is the piece oak? Consider a natural finish with paint accents, too. Can't wait to see your quilt!
    Keep up the good work, You must get all that talent and enthusiasm from your mother.Love, Mother

    ReplyDelete